Friday, September 5, 2008

Gluten Free Pizza at BeauJo's in Denver

I was in Denver yesterday with my husband, and I had heard that BeauJo's made wonderful gluten-free pizzas, so we stopped for a late lunch. I discovered that the gluten-free crusts contain yeast, which I have a sensitivity to, so our server and I began to get creative. There were tortilla chips on the gluten menu, so I asked if it would be possible to make "pizza nachos"? The kitchen caught on to the idea, and actually layered the corn chips to make a beautiful crust!
Hubby was much easier to please. He ordered a "chicken cordon bleu" mountain pie with a whole wheat crust. It looked as excellent as he said it was. They even brought local honey to the table for him to put on his crust.
The portions were quite large, and they don't skimp on toppings. I had Italian sausage and artichokes on my pie, and both toppings were on every bite. We are already talking about going back. They even cater and do gluten-free and original take and bake.
So if you are looking for a gluten-free pizza and happen to be in Denver, don't hesitate to give them a try.

No comments: