Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My "Foodie Bucket List"

I saw an interesting idea I just have to try on "Cooking with Anne". It is to write a bucket list (the movie was great) of foods to try.

Here's my Foodie Bucket List

1. Insects at Typhoon
2. Rocky Mountain Oysters (if I could find them with gluten-free breading)
3. The World's most Expensive Desert- just need to know if it's worth it
4. Fugu in Japan (and various fish part soup)
5. Horse in France
6. Eat another amazing pizza. The first was here and the second was when I was somewhere in Kansas looking for fuel (I couldn't find it again if I tried).
7. All-you-can-eat Lobster on the docks in Maine.
8. Cerviche in Mexico
9. Sweet Breads
10. Haggis in Scotland
11. Cat and Dog
12. Steak Tartar
13. Blood or Black pudding/sausage
14. Placenta
15. Turtle Soup
16. Fiddleheads
17. black and white Truffles (not the chocolate ones)
18. Snake
19. Tongue

As you can see, I'm the type of person who will "eat anything once." I would have included some exotic fruits, raw oysters, and some of the more exotic items from sushi menus, but I've already tried those. I've also eaten edible flowers, gumbo, 'gator, jambalaya, frogs legs, sea urchin and escargot.

No comments: