Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who Am I?

I'm not surprised you don't know the answer to that question, because some days I don't either.

I'm a woman who loves food enough to have pursued a degree in culinary arts, who found out she has a gluten-casein allergy less than a year ago.

The good news? I've lost about 100 lbs, feel great (unless I eat the wrong thing), and have an excuse to eat LOTS of meat.

The bad news? The weight I've lost has left me with a ton of loose skin that is just beginning to shrink up and no clothes that fit or money for new ones with all the money we spend on food for my diet. I miss being able to eat out without having to call the manager over, and preparing all of my favorite food dishes.

Which brings me to the point of this blog:
I want to share my discoveries and mistakes with people like me, In hopes that they will share their discoveries, and so they don't have to make the same mistakes.
  • I hope that I will be able to re-create the foods that I have "lost" for myself and will be able to share those recipes with my readers.
  • I want to share my thoughts on those expensive gluten-free products, through product reviews, so that you know if they actually taste like brownies before you spend $4 or more for a bag of baking mix that makes half what a box of standard brownie mix does, and where to find the "good stuff".
  • I want to share the research on gluten/casein allergies and Celiac's Disease that I spend hours doing, so that my readers don't have to spend hours doing it themselves.
  • I want to point people to other resources I have found.
  • I want to share my trials and triumphs with people who understand, and to hear their triumphs and trials
So if you want recipes, product reviews, research, resources, or just to vent then stick around.

No comments: